Friday, July 27, 2012

You Will Never Take My Memories From Me

This morning after waking up from a quick overnight sleep at a hotel at the halfway point in our return home from vacation, we were shocked and saddened to find that our van window was shattered and we had been robbed of all our belongings that we had left in there....which was pretty much everything one needs for a seven day vacation times four adults and two kids!...all our favorite clothes, favorite shoes, fun electronic things to keep the kiddos occupied on a long trip like DVD player, leapster, etc...all the chargers, gps, everything... Gone.

I would have gladly donated a week's worth of clothes to a family (in fact I pretty much did when decluttering the closet this spring) and would have given toys, electronics, and stuffed animals to those less fortunate at Christmas time. But to have someone violate, damage, and trash our vehicle while looking for our "treasure" pains me. I am too naive to truly believe there are people in this world that would do something so low. But I guess it's true.

Thankfully no one was hurt, and thankfully I practically sleep with my camera, phone, and laptop within arms reach. As saddened as I am that we lost some of our favorite things, I would have literally been SICK had I lost the photos I had just taken from the past week or my equipment. I am so grateful to still have all of that intact, and will share highlights soon.

No matter what we will still have the memories of the fun we had at the beach, pool, pirate adventure, dolphin cruise, and alligator alley.

A thief would pretty much have to drag me along kicking and screaming behind my camera bag to ever be able to take those from me.

To the crooks that now have our stuff, may you be clothed in nice warm clothes, walk in perfectly comfy shoes, be entertained by fun games and have the batteries forever charged in all your electronics...but may you also be haunted forever by this sucky crime you just committed. :( I will sleep tonight knowing I still have photographic memories of a wonderful vacation, I hope you don't sleep for weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment