Monday, March 1, 2010

Photos, Love & Happiness


Hi, I'm Steph & I created MazPix to fulfill my love and passion for photography. I envisioned my dream job, wrote the plan, and just dropped everything else I ever knew to pursue it. Call it a leap of faith if you wish, I choose to think of it more as a calling and I already knew before I even started, that I would succeed. There's really something to say about absolutely being in love with what you do, there's just no possible way to fail.

I have always loved photography, children & sports, so combining all of my passions into a business just made sense. That's why I chose to specialize in photography for children, sports, and families. That's not to say I won't shoot other things because I have and I will. I also love doing engagements, maternity sessions, corporate events, and weddings.

What I hope you find in my work is that I'm not just the average photographer. First of all I'm for the most part self-taught. Now, you can take that however you want, but for someone to sit down on their own freewill and decide to read photography book after photography book, completing recommended exercises at the end of each chapter, reading some more, shooting some more, testing this, testing that, going out and shooting some sessions, coming back to the drawing board, analyzing my work, going back to the books to see what I should do differently next time... well I may not have a photography degree from a college university, but I claim to at least know a little something about the topic to be able to translate it into pictures that you will cherish for a lifetime. I do not claim to know everything, but in between shoots, you can believe that I hit the books some more to see what else there is to learn!

I also bring with me an enormous level of creativity, passion, and playfulness to every photo shoot and have an eye for that special moment composing it in a meaningful way which translates into one of a kind photos of your loved ones. I have a way that brings out my clients' individuality and personality which makes no two photo sessions the same. When it comes to small children, I realizes that getting a child's pictures taken in a 'sit & smile' format can be a stressful event for both the child and the parents. With the flexibility of a mobile studio, I come to you, where you and your children are comfortable which allows us to use your own special props (I have some too) and meaningful locations. With Maz Pix, it's all about the experience & figuring out a way to let your personality show through the art of photos.

Along with my photography skills, I bring with me an understanding of business in general. I graduated from Illinois State University with an Accounting degree and spent 8 years as an accountant before having the courage to step away from the field to pursue this passion. So doing business with MazPix, I assure you that you will enjoy excellent customer service and timely turnaround of your photos. I love editing them just as much as I love taking them, so I don't waste a moment getting them back to you!
I will leave you with two things... first....Life is too short to not love what you do.

Second...Being a parent, I know first hand how quickly time passes by. With the simple tick of a clock, a first smile or first step becomes history. I have been known to be a 'photo freak' or 'camera happy', but that's ok because having a camera within arms reach at all times has allowed me to capture those moments. It's heartwarming and brings a smile to my face every time I go back and look at them. Whether they are newly born or about to flock the nest, children change so much with each passing day. Let me help you capture the important stages of your family's life so you can look back years from now and remember those special moments too.

I look forward to doing business with you.
- Steph Mazanowski, owner/photographer of MazPix Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment